Freelance Web Content Copywriter
Web content writer with experience writing and formatting language for online display and Search Engine Optimization including, but not limited to, websites and micro-sites, e-mail campaigns, landing pages and social media. Utilizes strong knowledge of SEO best practices to produce highly optimized web content. Collaborates with team to enhance website functionality and develop innovative ways to effectively meet customer needs. Responsible for staying abreast of the latest trends in online copy in order to strengthen our copy and the brand positioning online.
Supports strategic initiatives by writing and editing web optimized copy that is consistent with our corporate branding and motivates people to engage. Manages multiple projects from concept to completion within the allotted timeframes and aggressive deadlines.
• Diverse portfolio of work used for consumer Web interfaces, promotional e-mail, and specialized landing pages.
• At least 2 years digital copywriting experience or a blend of traditional and web copywriting. Knowledge of the web’s opportunities and limitations.
• Strong understanding of Search Engine Optimization best practices
• Experience crafting effective messaging strategies, themes, triggers, and value propositions.
• Good organizational skills, ability to self-manage projects and prioritize work.
• Ability to interface with people at all levels within the organization.
• Strong ability to multitask and to work on flexible deadlines.
• Proficient computer software skills on Mac platform – Excel, Word (PhotoShop, HTML & CSS a plus)
• Creative, web-savvy, and experienced in writing online marketing and promotional copy, and web content including product features & attributes.