We’re sure you’re wondering “CMG, who are they?” In short, a holding company within IPG. But don’t let that put you off, what you need to know is that within the group are some of the biggest below-the-line agency brands in the world with a portfolio of blue-chip multinational and Asian domestic clients to die for. From PR to experiential to sports marketing to branding, our agencies are world leaders. The group consists of three PR agencies (Weber Shandwick, Golin Harris, Devries), Octagon sports marketing, Jack Morton and FutureBrand.
And when you work at CMG, you work at them all. Every day, wearing multiple hats. Not a job for the faint-hearted but certainly one for those that feel stifled in a single-agency / single-disciplined environment.
More importantly still, when you work in CMG Digital you’re at the forefront of all these agencies strategies and initiatives to take their slice of the digital pie. Which means a lot of different flavors of digital, across earned, owned and owned media. From social to search to strategy to content production. All areas fall within the CMG Digital remit.
Hope that’s answered your question…read on to find out more about the role.
Position: Digital Designer (Shanghai)
- The Digital Designer will contribute to different projects, either within a team, with external agencies or independently.
- The role will call for an extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Flash. Whether you’ve worked for a digital creative agency or pursued your passion for digital within your education, you’ll have an impressive portfolio to showcase your skills as well as creativity.
- Focusing on delivering user experience (UX) and design services. Your key responsibility is to help the amaze agency staff with WOW quality works, which includes presentations, infographics, mock-ups, stroryboards, wireframes, ATL designs, and other digital visual content required.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Through a thorough understanding of the target audience of the digital platform you are designing for, take into account usability and navigation issues and integrate these into the overall design concept
- Liaise with senior digital staff to ensure that designs communicate the intended message, brand identity and look and feel, and that content structure and information architecture is correct for the intended audience
- Liaise with technical, commercial, editorial, project management and product management staff throughout the project phase to ensure UX and design work consistently answers the brief in terms of commercial and editorial needs, and functionality
- Prepare material in support of new design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas
- Take into account and contribute to any existing design styles and ensure that any design work supports OR evolves these where appropriate
- Offer expert advice to commercial, product, editorial and technical teams on design and UX principles and technologies (e.g. what can, and cannot, be done)
- Re-purpose existing elements and templates as required by design changes
- Keep abreast of industry design developments and technology, and be able to interpret how these would impact services from a design perspective.
- Share information, ideas and best practice with other team members
- Produce best-in-class work to help us win awards
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 4 year’s experience of working in a digital creative agency OR an education with a strong digital design element
- Competent in communicating creative ideas to non-professional stakeholders throughout the project and able to digest the creative demand efficiently and effectively.
- Detailed oriented and strong capability of prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- The candidate must have an excellent design portfolio to showcase his/her aesthetic sense and creativity.
- Typesetting, design and layout skills required
- Illustration skills is preferable
- Some knowledge of accessibility standards
- A passion for digital design
- Patient and flexible
- Good communication skills – fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory, another Asian language both written and spoken is preferable
Position: Videographer/Senior Videographer (Shanghai)
The Videographer/Senior Videographer is responsible for shooting/producing digital video and still photography content. In this role you’ll contribute to different internal and external projects, either within a team, with external agencies or independently. It will call for extensive knowledge of video and photo editing software such as Adobe Creative Suite and in particular Premiere Pro, Photoshop and AfterEffects. Whether you have worked for a digital creative agency or pursued your passion for filmmaking and digital content within your education, you will have an impressive portfolio to showcase your skills as well as personal taste of creativity. Your passion is what drives you to discover the latest creative trends, and most importantly you’re able to develop or demonstrate your own storytelling ideas through a solid hands-on skillset.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
You will be required to:
- Collaborate with the regional creative director on developing groundbreaking video ideas for a wide range of international clients.
- Produce, direct and shoot internal and client video / photo assignments. In this capacity you will often need to run a production independently and should be prepared to undertake a reasonable amount of travel as the need arises.
- Be familiar with and be capable of creating video / animation storyboards to help illustrate moving image concepts.
- Digitally edit photo, video and sound from a variety of sources (ie. Stock footage or footage that was filmed by a 3rd party) to create professional assets that are ‘on-brand’ for distribution online.
- Liaise with technical, commercial, editorial, project management and product management staff throughout the project phase to ensure final assets consistently answers the brief in terms of commercial and editorial needs, and brand / style guidelines.
- Re-purpose existing video and photographic assets as required.
- Keep abreast of industry digital content production developments and technology, and be able to interpret how these would impact studio services.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 2 year’s previous experience as a videographer and/or photographer at a digital agency or similar organization, as a staff member or intern OR have an education with a strong digital filmmaking and photography element.
- An extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and in particular Premiere Pro, Photoshop and After Effects. Experience with Final Cut Studio and Final Cut X is also a plus.
- Extensive experience with professional level DSLRs. Experience with other digital cinema equipment such as the Red Epic or the Arri Alexa is also a plus.
- Ability to create compelling video and photographic assets within tight deadline.
- Willingness to work overtime and unsociable hours as necessary.
- Willingness to help train staff members in shooting and producing video.
- Ability to adapt in a changing media and technology landscape.
- Can work under flexible hours with sense of responsibility.
- Self-motivated individual who can work with a can-do altitude.
- Good communication skills – fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory, advanced proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is also preferable.
- A passion for cinema and visual storytelling is mandatory and a well-developed sense of cinematic style and taste is a plus.