We’re sure you’re wondering “CMG, who are they?” In short, a holding company within IPG. But don’t let that put you off, what you need to know is that within the group are some of the biggest below-the-line agency brands in the world with a portfolio of blue-chip multinational and Asian domestic clients to die for. From PR to experiential to sports marketing to branding, our agencies are world leaders. The group consists of three PR agencies (Weber Shandwick, Golin Harris, Devries), Octagon sports marketing, Jack Morton and FutureBrand.
And when you work at CMG, you work at them all. Every day, wearing multiple hats. Not a job for the faint-hearted but certainly one for those that feel stifled in a single-agency / single-disciplined environment.
More importantly still, when you work in CMG Digital you’re at the forefront of all these agencies strategies and initiatives to take their slice of the digital pie. Which means a lot of different flavors of digital, across earned, owned and owned media. From social to search to strategy to content production. All areas fall within the CMG Digital remit.
Hope that’s answered your question…read on to find out more about the role.
Associate Director/Account Director
Location: CMG Studio, Shanghai
The role is tasked with the overall responsibility for the smooth running and account service within the SH studio. You need to have a proven record within digital background as well as client-facing experience to ensure the success of each project. You will be expected to lead and develop a team of digital talents and execute groundbreaking digital campaigns with lineup of world class brands.
Responsibilities & Accountability
- The role will liaise with clients, internally and externally in all aspects of projects within the Studio, from taking initial briefs, through quotation, build and to final delivery. This role is the single-point-of-contact person for our partners to liaise with.
- Able to develop comprehensive strategies or plans to partners and clients on different types of digital campaigns (eg, social media, CRM, etc)
- Effectively work with partners to present, communicate and sell-in projects to our clients and able to explore the new business opportunity with a right blend of studio resource.
- Responsible for managing the studio digital resources both permanent, freelance and external third parties. This includes recruitment, selection, contracting, time scheduling and day-to-day workload management of resources to ensure projects are delivered to time and budget.
- Commercial responsibility includes scoping projects and providing scopes of work and quotations for projects which then need to be managed accordingly.
- Share information, ideas and best practice with other team members.
- Provide leadership within SH team and building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Experience Required
- At least 5 year’s experience of working in an agency environment in a similar position of digital account service or strategic planning.
- Experience of project management will be an advantage
- Extensive knowledge / experience of digital strategy development and new media trends.
- A passion for content, particularly digital content, in its many forms.
- A demonstrable track record in helping to pitch and win new projects / clients.
- Methodical with an eye for detail.
- Organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines with a good head for figures.
- Strong team leader and player.
- Patient and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills – fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory, another Asian language both written and spoken is preferable.
Location: CMG Studio, Shanghai
- The Digital Designer will contribute to different projects, either within a team, with external agencies or independently.
- The role will call for an extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Flash. Whether you’ve worked for a digital creative agency or pursued your passion for digital within your education, you’ll have an impressive portfolio to showcase your skills. Alongside your professional achievements, you’ve also made an impression on the social media sphere with your own blog or regular, persistent micro-blogging. Your passion is what drives you to discover the latest technical innovations, and most importantly you’re able to break through the jargon and clearly explain these exciting new developments to your colleagues.
- Focusing on delivering user experience (UX) and design services, your outputs will include mock-ups, wireframes, storyboards and final layouts and artwork ready for hand-off to development resources.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Through a thorough understanding of the target audience of the digital platform you are designing for, take into account usability and navigation issues and integrate these into the overall design concept
- Liaise with senior digital staff to ensure that designs communicate the intended message, brand identity and look and feel, and that content structure and information architecture is correct for the intended audience
- Liaise with technical, commercial, editorial, project management and product management staff throughout the project phase to ensure UX and design work consistently answers the brief in terms of commercial and editorial needs, and functionality
- Prepare material in support of new design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas
- Take into account and contribute to any existing design styles and ensure that any design work supports OR evolves these where appropriate
- Offer expert advice to commercial, product, editorial and technical teams on design and UX principles and technologies (e.g. what can, and cannot, be done)
- Re-purpose existing elements and templates as required by design changes
- Keep abreast of industry design developments and technology, and be able to interpret how these would impact services from a design perspective.
- Share information, ideas and best practice with other team members
- Produce best-in-class work to help us win awards
Skills and Experience Required
- At least 1 year’s experience of working in a digital creative agency OR an education with a strong digital design element
- The candidate must have an excellent design portfolio that showcases their skills in creating digital assets, links to personal blogs or Twitter / Weibo streams are desirable
- Typesetting, design and layout skills required
- Some knowledge of accessibility standards
- Knowledge of different digital platforms – web, mobile (iPad and iPhone, BlackBerry, Android), applications
- A passion for digital design
- An eye for detail
- Organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Patient and flexible
- Good communication skills – fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory, another Asian language both written and spoken is preferable
3D and Environment Designer
Reports to: Creative Director
Location: Jack Morton, Shanghai
At Jack Morton Worldwide, we create experiences that inspire our clients’ most important audiences.
We help the world’s leading companies improve performance, increase sales and build brands by creating events, environments and interactive experiences that engage, educate, entertain and transform employee, business and consumer audiences.
We are looking for someone to join our newly formed and continuously expanding Shanghai office, working on a varied range of event, exhibit and experience projects across a wide range of business sectors.
- Support Producers in developing concept designs in response to client or internal briefs
- Responsible for producing presentations, working drawings, renders some contractor briefing and contractor supervision and liaising with internal account and production management
- Develop a good understanding of company processes and good working relationships with other internal teams
- 3 years minimum experience in a professional capacity
- Event, Theatre, Interiors, product design, exhibition, or environmental design qualification, preferably degree level
- Some knowledge of branding and brand experience
- Solid knowledge of 3D Studio Max, AutoCad rendering, Illustrator and Photoshop a must, (other render packages useful)
- Good understanding of event production resources – including lighting, scenery and construction materials
- Good understanding of scenic safety (fire, loading etc)
- Should be able to sketch
- Must be a team player
- English and Cantonese/ Mandarin minimum
If you have any interest in this position, pls send your bilingual CV to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of “ Associate/Account Director- Name”or “Digital Designer-Name” or “3D Designer- Name”.Kindly specify these roles are from DamnDigital.