Position: Videographer/Senior Videographer
The Videographer is responsible for still digital photography and for shooting/producing digital video. In this role you’ll contribute to different internal and external projects, either within a team, with external agencies or independently. It’ll call for an extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and in particular AfterEffects, Photoshop and Premiere Pro. Whether you’ve worked for a digital creative agency or pursued your passion for digital content within your education, you’ll have an impressive portfolio to showcase your skills. Alongside your professional achievements, you’ve also made an impression on the social media sphere with your own blog or regular, persistent micro-blogging. Your passion is what drives you to discover the latest technical innovations, and most importantly you’re able to break through the jargon and clearly explain these exciting new developments to your colleagues.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Shoot internal and client assignments from both a still and video perspective. In this capacity you should be prepared to undertake a reasonable amount of travel as the need arises and to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
- Be familiar with and be capable of creating video / animation storyboard to help illustrate moving image concepts.
- Digitally edit photo, video and sound from a variety of sources (not just own production) to create professional assets that are ‘on-brand’ for distribution online under tight deadlines.
- Liaise with technical, commercial, editorial, project management and product management staff throughout the project phase to ensure final assets consistently answers the brief in terms of commercial and editorial needs, and brand / style guidelines.
- Apply titles, supers and animation effects through the use of post-production software on both stills and video assets.
- Re-purpose existing video and photographic assets as required.
- Keep abreast of industry digital content production developments and technology, and be able to interpret how these would impact studio services.
- Share information, ideas and best practice with other team members.
- Produce best-in-class work to help us win awards.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least one year’s previous experience as a photographer and/or videographer at a digital agency or similar organisation, as a staff member or intern OR an education with a strong digital photographic and video element.
- An extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and in particular AfterEffects, Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Experience with professional level DSLRs.
- Ability to create compelling photographic and video assets on deadline.
- Willingness to work overtime and unsociable hours as necessary.
- Willingness to help train staff members in shooting and producing video.
- Knowledge of and desire to participate in social media.
- Ability to adapt in a changing media and technology landscape.
- Organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills – fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory, advanced proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is also preferable.
- A love for storytelling and cinema
If you are interested in this position, pls send your bilingual CV to below email address with the title of “Videographer/Senior Videographer-Name”: firstname.lastname@example.org