Job Description: Digital Designer
The Digital Designer will contribute to different projects, either within a team, with external agencies or independently.
The role will call for an extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Flash. Whether you’ve worked for a digital creative agency or pursued your passion for digital within your education, you’ll have an impressive portfolio to showcase your skills. Alongside your professional achievements, you’ve also made an impression on the social media sphere with your own blog or regular, persistent micro-blogging. Your passion is what drives you to discover the latest technical innovations, and most importantly you’re able to break through the jargon and clearly explain these exciting new developments to your colleagues.
Focusing on delivering user experience (UX) and design services, your outputs will include mock-ups, wireframes, storyboards and final layouts and artwork ready for hand-off to development resources.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Through a thorough understanding of the target audience of the digital platform you are designing for, take into account usability and navigation issues and integrate these into the overall design concept
- Liaise with senior digital staff to ensure that designs communicate the intended message, brand identity and look and feel, and that content structure and information architecture is correct for the intended audience
- Liaise with technical, commercial, editorial, project management and product management staff throughout the project phase to ensure UX and design work consistently answers the brief in terms of commercial and editorial needs, and functionality
- Prepare material in support of new design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas
- Take into account and contribute to any existing design styles and ensure that any design work supports OR evolves these where appropriate
- Offer expert advice to commercial, product, editorial and technical teams on design and UX principles and technologies (e.g. what can, and cannot, be done)
- Re-purpose existing elements and templates as required by design changes
- Keep abreast of industry design developments and technology, and be able to interpret how these would impact services from a design perspective.
- Share information, ideas and best practice with other team members
- Produce best-in-class work to help us win awards
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 1 year’s experience of working in a digital creative agency OR an education with a strong digital design element
- The candidate must have an excellent design portfolio that showcases their skills in creating digital assets, links to personal blogs or Twitter / Weibo streams are desirable
- Typesetting, design and layout skills required
- Some knowledge of accessibility standards
- Knowledge of different digital platforms – web, mobile (iPad and iPhone, BlackBerry, Android), applications
- A passion for digital design
- An eye for detail
- Organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Patient and flexible
- Good communication skills – fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory, another Asian language both written and spoken is preferable
If you are interested in these positions, pls email your CV to: email@example.com. Please specify Job Title in the subject line of your e-mail and kindly specify these roles are from DamnDigital.