As a Quality Assurance Specialist you will be responsible for quality assurance of our Web projects. We are searching for an independent, responsible and dynamic person who is able to plan, execute and manage all his/her QA activities.
Reports to: Director of Technology
• Developing and executing plans, scripts and test scenarios in order to validate the practicality, performance, quality and reliability of each of our Web Projects;
• Capable of estimating schedules, determining project scope and driving projects to completion
• Ensure test plans that meet design specifications, report on testing cycle and help produce applications that is reasonably free from defects
• Review project requirement documentation, participate in design sessions and provide stakeholders with a risk analysis for each iteration.
• Communicates with Developers, Project Managers, Usability Engineers on application issues to ensure that the application is fully tested
• Works with Technical Operations Lead to help perform root cause analysis of issues
• Develop automation scripts or documentation (as needed).
• Produce and review test plans and test cases, Release Notes and User Manuals (as needed)
• Monitor QA activity and schedule, escalate of QA issues to Project Manager (such as missed milestones), and approve release based on quality measurements.
• Carrying out the standard tests during the development cycle and after the close of project;
• Analyzing performance test results and recommend performance improvements when required
• University/College degree in computer technology or equivalent experience;
• 2+ years of QA testing experience in a transactional web-based environment.
• Ability to define and execute a variety of different types of tests (Unit, Functional, Regression, Interoperability, Integration, System, Configuration, Smoke, UI/Page, Performance, Security etc.)
• Ability to work as part of a team and a good work ethic
• Ability to write QA documents (test plans, procedures, test reports)
• Strong communication skills are required (oral and written)
• Knowledge of JIRA, QuickTest Professional or other QA tools
• Understanding of development methodology is considered an asset