The Studio Manager is tasked with the overall responsibility for the smooth running and economic viability of the Studio as a whole. Resource management and overall logistical control of the day-to-day running of operations are key requirements.
This role has a P&L management responsibility. You will be expected to ensure that all costs are managed to budget and that our revenue hits prescribed volume and growth objectives.
This is a client-facing role, our clients being both internal stakeholders within the agencies we serve and external clients, with whom our agency partners have a relationship. You’ll be comfortable supporting our partners in sales engagements, both face-to-face and remotely, providing pre-sales support to the various account teams, helping them to sell in work to be executed by the Studio.
The scope of the Studio’s engagement spans working on internal projects, specific client briefs, and when required, on new products in development. Typically, our work encompasses video production, design (both digital and offline) and digital web and app build projects. Experience of managing multiple projects of this type simultaneously is key.
Responsibilities & Accountability
- The role will liaise with clients, internally and externally in all aspects of projects within the Studio, from taking initial briefs, through quotation, build and to final delivery. This role is the single-point-of-contact person for our agency partners to liaise with.
- Offer expert advice and counsel to our account teams and clients on the capabilities of the studio (e.g. what can, and cannot, be done).
- Work with our account teams to help sell-in projects to our clients, both in a face-to-face capacity and remotely via phone / Skype.
- Responsible for managing all the studio resources both permanent, freelance and external third parties. This includes recruitment, selection, contracting, time scheduling and day-to-day workload management of resources to ensure projects are delivered to time and budget. Additionally, the role is responsible for procurement of stock imagery, video and music rights and organisation of video shoots, including casting, locations etc.
- Commercial responsibility includes scoping projects and providing scopes of work and quotations for projects which then need to be managed accordingly through production. In addition, financial reporting of studio revenues and costs along with budget control and planning are also key components of the position.
- As arbiter of all inputs into and outputs from the studio, the role is responsible for day-to-day oversight of all asset production and quality assurance of final deliverables before delivery to the client.
- Share information, ideas and best practice with other team members.
- Produce best-in-class work to help us win awards.
Skills and Experience Required
- At least 5 year’s experience of working in an agency environment in a similar position with some degree of financial responsibility.
- Experience in video production a distinct advantage including scouting locations, casting, procuring props and wardrobe and make-up artists.
- Some knowledge / experience of web design and build projects.
- A passion for content, particularly digital content, in its many forms.
- A demonstrable track record in helping to pitch and win new projects / clients.
- Methodical with an eye for detail.
- Organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines with a good head for figures.
- Very familiar with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Patient and flexible.
- Good communication skills – fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory, another Asian language both written and spoken is preferable.
If you are interested in these positions, pls email your CV to: YWu@webershandwick.com. Please specify Job Title in the subject line of your e-mail and kindly specify these roles are from DamnDigital.