Position: Digital Planner
Department: Strategy, Wunderman Beijing
Reports to: Senior Strategy Director, China
Clients: Microsoft and others
Wunderman part of Y&R Brands is WPP’s largest Digital agency globally. We work on world class brands including Ford, Nokia, Coca-Cola, Adidas and Microsoft just to name a few.
Never before has Wunderman’s mantra—all relationships are local—been more relevant than in today’s world of digital connection. By transforming masses of data into customer insights, we learn what works and why, and help clients build meaningful conversations with their customers—wherever they are in the world. We believe people don’t change, the possibilities do. With over 600 people in Greater China we create profitable conversations between our clients and their customers, building brands and sales.
The Digital Planner is critical to achieving our aspirations. (S)he is a digital diehard—familiar with existing and emerging digital media, as well as inquisitive about and plugged in to the China digital scene.
This person is responsible for uncovering consumer insights/ trends, incorporating them into digital advertising strategies, and working collaborating with account and creative team members to deliver award winning communications that engage and delight consumers.
The successful Digital Planner will be a strong team player whose opinion is valued and respected by creative people and account people at the agency, and by clients in both the marketing and research areas.
- Analyze customer and competition landscapes, and derive insights and implications
- Understand and constantly review digital trends and user behaviors, and work with client, partners and the team on appropriate strategies
- Assist with the crafting of creative briefs to ensure engaging creative communications
- Develop top-notch presentations, including proposals, internal creative briefs and client digital strategies
- Analyse output from various data measurement, tracking and optimization tools, and develop recommendations for continuous campaign improvement
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TALENT & SKILLS:
- BA (or equivalent) in relevant field from a top university
- 3+years of strategic planning experience within a digital environment
- Extensive knowledge of latest digital marketing channels, technologies and trends
- Comfort and effectiveness in working with clients
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both English and Chinese
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Self-starting and passionate with ability to work under time pressure
- Knowledge of art and technical creation and development processes a plus