Position: Digital Planning Manager
Directly reports to Digital Planning Director
The Digital Planning Manager is positioned to be the last point of contact for day to day management of client business. This candidate will encourage the planners, and ad operations staff in building first class digital media campaigns to achieve client objectives. The candidate must be a seasoned media/marketing professional who can combine the best of digital media to create innovative relationships between client and consumer.
Skills / Qualifications:
• Five or more years experience in online media planning, within an advertising agency, direct marketing, publisher or similar media environment
• Well-versed in all forms of digital media including web, search, email, mobile, etc.
• Experience in growing, managing and inspiring internal planning teams; strong leadership and administrative skills
• Must be able to interpret and draw relevant insight from research resources such as iResearch, Nielsen adRelevance, Media Index and other media planning and buying tools as well as from non-syndicated sources
• Working level client negotiation and management skills with the ability to write clearly and to make lively, imaginative but substantive presentations
• Consult, collaborate, and support brand teams to develop integrated media communication strategies and plans.
• Manage a digital media training program to up-level current traditional planners to integrated planner expertise.
• Excellent presentation, writing and communication skills in English and Mandarin
• Working knowledge of online performance tracking and brand measurement tools as well as paid keyword search marketing
• Building and leading planners and executives in developing strategically grounded media plans and buys providing key business insights and growth potential ideas for current clients, new business and internal agency thinking
• Supervise and lead all media planning, buying and execution, from media approach to RFP to trafficking to reporting, ensuring the highest quality output at all times
• Insuring that planners, and executives are fully trained on all aspects of online media planning including planning processes, use of research tools, as well as the development of writing and presentation skills
• Manage media planners and executives
• Partnering with brand planning teams, creative agency and other partners, research, strategic planning, and business development to ensure client objectives are met leveraging the newest technologies and marketing strategies
• Providing proactive contribution to clients’ business growth by identifying new media opportunities
• Defining, measuring and increasing productivity of all clients
• Fostering a collaborative, team focused environment empowering all media staff to be the experts in their fields
• Contributing strategic insight in new business efforts
• Assist Digital Planning Director in day to day and overall business management