DBB is one of the pioneers of planning worldwide. DDB CHINA is a top 10 agency in China and has grown rapidly over the last 3 years. We handle several global top 100 brands. Planners at DDB are catalyst for co-creativity. They inspire fresh thinking in everyone with whom they work; creatives, account management, other strategists, clients and partner agencies. The planner needs to have deep curiosity that drives his/her understanding of consumers, immerses them in the ever-changing culture and leads new thinking on brands.
Lead planner on the # 1 brand in the China Auto market. China’s auto market is one of the biggest and fastest growing in the world and you will work on a Brand which DDB group has handled globally for over 50 years.
You will report to Strategic Planning director, under whose guidance you will become familiar (then competent, and ultimately expert) with DDB’s planning approach. And you will have responsibility for managing individual projects, as well as building and maintaining relationships with the account and members of the client team.
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE:
• 4 – 6 years experience as a planner or as a researcher, with at least 2 years experience working on the auto/car category in China.
• Chinese national with proficiency in English
• Analysis : Ability to analyze information and data on the brand, category, consumer, country, society and extract relevant insights and conclusions .
• Synthesis :Ability to generate meaningful concepts, insights out of disparate pieces of information and observations.
BRAND & BUSINESS UNDERSTANDING
• Ability to understand fully the dynamics of a Client’s business and the sector in which it operates.
• Ability to leverage this understanding to identify new business opportunities for Clients.
• Ability to fully analyze and understand Clients’ and competitors’ brands and consumers’ relationships with them, in order to identify any future brand opportunities for Clients.
CONSUMER & CULTURE UNDERSTANDING
• A deep understanding of consumer attitudes, motivations and behavior from which can be generated new insights and ideas for Clients’ brands.
• A comprehensive understanding of wider social trends, and the ability to identify and commission research where information is lacking.
• Ability to design, brief, conduct and interpret qualitative research.
• Ability to interpret quantitative research.
• Familiarity with research techniques and tools
• Ability to to conduct ‘smart” , informal research and information search using web
• Ability to judge creative/communication ideas for their distinctiveness and potential effectiveness.
• Awareness of the category’s communication environment- messages, media etc
• Ability to integrate with the account group and assist during all stages of campaign development.
• To facilitate brainstorming sessions.
• Ability to debate constructively with Clients in representing the consumers’ perspective on the brand and its advertising.
• To create constructive and sensitive relationships with creative teams based on trust and respect.
• To interface effectively with Clients’ research departments.
PRESENTATION & COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• To be able to write and present to both agency creatives and Clients, inspiring advertising strategies and creative briefs.
• To conduct inspirational creative briefing sessions with creatives.
• To assist and support the account group in the presentation of creative work.
• To analyze and present research findings in a cogent and interesting fashion.