Title: Senior Graphic Designer
Reports to: Director Marketing, APAC / Sr. Director of Creative Labs, US
Location: Shanghai, China
This is an intermediate/senior level graphic design position responsible for delivering a broad suite of creative services to PopCap’s Asia/Pacific sales & marketing organization. The senior graphic designer will satisfy the business need for world-class marketing and packaging materials while upholding PopCap’s standards for corporate and game franchise brands. As the lead representative of PopCap’s global creative services organization in the APAC regional headquarters, the right candidate must have excellent project management and creative skills, in addition to unusually broad art and design talent and experience.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and produce a broad array of marketing assets for PopCap’s partners throughout APAC as needed to promote and launch new game releases. These assets may include retail packaging, print marketing collateral, web sites, video trailers, and merchandise, including plush toys and other promotional swag.
- Design & implementation of web graphics, banner advertisements and additional web campaigns, from storyboards to final completion.
- Design and development of flash based animations, from storyboards to final completion.
- Select and manage outside vendors to help produce required assets, including print shops, video production companies, toy factories, etc. Provide art direction as needed to maintain quality.
- Manage the overall project pipeline, communicating its status internally on a regular basis, while retaining flexibility to assist with special projects as needed.
- Maintain consistently high graphic standards and proactively learn new techniques and trends in graphic arts and disseminate such information to creative team.
- Manage, mentor and train junior graphic design team members.
- Communicate and coordinate with PopCap’s Creative Labs organization in Seattle on a regular basis, and work with art teams and other teams in PopCap’s Shanghai studio as needed.
- At least 4-5 years experience as a print/interactive graphic designer.
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Flash is required.
- Experience with AfterEffects, 3D packages, and other art/design-oriented programs is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized, exhibit great follow-through, and work within established procedures with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
- Experience creating art and animation for advertising is highly recommended.
- High level of fluency in both Chinese and English (written and spoken).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must maintain an upbeat, positive, and professional attitude that contributes to an environment that is conducive to producing breakthrough ideas.
- Talent dealing with type and typefaces is a strong plus.
Experience and Qualifications
PopCap offers a very competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme tied to performance
- Paid vacations
- Competitive benefits
- Opportunity to work in a rapidly growing global company, with interactions with colleagues from around the world.
PopCap Games is one of the world’s leading developers and publishers of casual games. Its portfolio of top-rated titles includes Bejeweled, Zuma, Chuzzle, Peggle, and its newest hit, Plants vs. Zombies. Founded in 2000, PopCap currently has nearly 400 employees worldwide, with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Shanghai, Tokyo and Seoul.
PopCap’s Asia/Pacific headquarters, located in downtown Shanghai, is responsible for extending PopCap’s leadership role into the Asia/Pacific region, already PopCap’s fastest growing market world-wide.
More information about PopCap can be found at www.popcap.com