Role of the Creative Services Manager(reporting to the ECD)
- To help define the creative resources needed and time required for all projects within the allocated budget.
- To ensure that the workflow within the creative team runs smoothly and efficiently, managing resource allocation for all current jobs and bringing in external resources when needed.
- To monitor that all jobs currently in production are running to schedule and report for those jobs to the relevant account service/project managers at completion, and during the job where timelines are to be adjusted.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Job initialization – brief approval, resource scheduling. Ensure all projects have adequate resources allocated. Liaise with AS/PM to ensure that the brief meets requirements and contains all the information needed to proceed. Schedule verbal briefing if required. Liaise with Creative Director to ensure briefs are appropriate.
- Day to day creative resource management. Working with the project managers/producers, manage the day-to-day flow of work, ensure that the correct resource is working on the right project at the right time. Ensuring staff not currently booked for client projects have house/internal projects to work on. Co-ordinate with the AS/PM to make sure we are meeting set milestones. Bringing in freelancers when needed to manage overflow of work (once budget has been approved by AS/PM). Ensure that Creative Directors regularly review the work and making surePMs check copy.
- Resource Reporting. Track the number of booked hours against each relevant job, Track the number of booked house hours spent on house ‘filler’ projects, Track and report on resource allocations and utilization.
- Quality Assurance. Ensure all projects have had full QA performed against brief at completion of works and prior to hand off to Project Manager/Account Service. Perform post mortem on projects that faced issues (with relevant team members) to identify where things went wrong and initiate solutions to improve performance of the team.
Excellent organizational and scheduling skills using relevant software tools (Excel, Entourage etc).Knowledge of digital production techniques including Photoshop, Premier, Illustrator, Flash and HTML.