Position: Account Manager – Corporate Practice, GolinHarris
A Manager is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the client team and projects. A Manager participates in new business development and supports organizational initiatives.
- Recommend and implement initiatives that manage the target audience’s perception of the client
- Develop and cultivate relationships with the client and external audiences
- Oversee day-to-day client projects and/or events to insure the quality of work meets client’s business objective and provides value
- Manage client administration duties such as billing, financial reporting
- Oversee all aspects of major events for client
- Handle special media inquiries
- Review materials (e.g., news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters and pitch letters) prepared by Associates and Client Executives.
- Develop materials on complex issues (e.g., Q&A, speeches, collateral materials)
- Develop and place appropriate stories by and about the client in business, trade and consumer media as needed
- Where appropriate, cultivate positive client presence in trade media through releases, contact and response to inquiries/requests
- Maintain clear and consistent communication between the client and 3rd parties
- Partner with client and other communications entities (e.g., advertising agency) to develop and complete communications plan
- Research, assist and present new business proposals
- Develop original research, surveys and market studies for existing and new business proposals
- Develop complete communications plan for client
- Strong oral, editing and written skills both in English and Chinese.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to supervise and motivate the client team
- Ability to handle and manage stressful situations
- Business presentation skills including their development, both for clients and prospective clients
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to plan strategically and globally
- Ability to write strategic materials for client
- Ability to budget programs and understand the financial aspects of the client relationship
- Proficient in computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Other Recommended Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree
- At least 6 years’ related supervisory experience with leading PR agencies or MNCs, in-depth knowledge in corporate communication area
- In-depth knowledge of media relations from key trade publications to national outlets
We have opportunities for all levels of experience in other practice groups as well.