Digital Experience is a must!
Basic Purpose: The Account Manager/Supervisor serves as the key point of contact for day-to-day management as well as development, implementation and execution of interactive and/or direct marketing activities for current and new clients.
This position will be responsible for assisting with the conceptualization, implementation and management of client campaigns, coordinating client activities and liaison with other team members in the agency in order to exceed client expectations.
This position has revenue generating and tracking responsibility of the assigned client(s) base. This individual manages the implementation of a wide range of interactive/direct marketing programs across multiple media.
1. Education/ Experience: BA from an accredited school;
2. 3-5 years of account management and/or management level marketing, a minimum of 1 year of which has been in an agency environment; preferably with a combination of marketing, branding, business process, and tech industry exposure;
3. Understanding of business and industry, identifying issues, providing sound marketing direction and solutions;
4. Proven ability to develop business opportunities and achieve success in account growth and revenue generation;
5. Demonstrated strategic or consultative approach to account management;
6. Strong aptitude for building “partner” relationships with clients and colleagues;
7. Good understanding of marketing new media techniques including Internet, Intranet and extranet development, as well as understanding of overall marketing strategy and integrated communications;
8. Strong account management, analytical, and problem solving skills;
9. Proven track record executing complex projects;
10. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of an organization, from project manager to executive, while still introducing elements of fun and humor in the workplace;
11. Must have a passion for the creative development process;
12. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation abilities;
13. Strong listening skills and the ability to be open to new ideas from team members, coworkers, industry sources and clients;
14. Ability to manage several projects at once and with keen attention to details and process;
15. Technical Requirements: Proficiency with Macintosh and PCs;
16. Must be capable of providing guidance and mentorship to more junior staff;
17. Must have sound financial management skills.
Digital Experience is a must.
Both english and chinese communication skills are preferred.
Client Service and Project Related
– Developing an understanding of and interpreting a brief to ensure the correct response to meet clients’ expectations.
– To assist in providing relevant market information and other facts necessary to address briefs.
– To organise and participate in brainstorms, making effective notes to capture the ideas.
– To co-ordinate with various internal departments to keep everyone involved in process and on schedule.
– To be involved in discussions about the choice of concepts for development.
– To undertake the development necessary for each concept as briefed e.g. sourcing/contacting third parties/obtaining quotations/briefing internal and external facilities – normally under the supervision of AD/AS.
– On-going contribution to projects and developing your creative appreciation.
– To prepare material for Client e.g. collation of samples/visuals, costs etc for discussion with RAD/AM.
– Assist AM/Project Managers in the preparation of comprehensive budgets and timing plans from the start of the project.
– Develop a critical eye for material produced by account team/creative ensuring it is free of errors and omissions.
– Ensure regularly communicate project status with AM/AAD/AD.
– Support AD/AAD/AM in projects.
– Assist in the processing of requests from local markets and maintain a content management library for each market.
– Establish and maintain an up to date filing system that can be easily accessed any other team member.
– Assist in the managing of a library of competitive information, related knowledge to the business and accessing/providing this information as required to team, local or global Clients or Agency.
– To assist in the co-ordination, writing and verbal briefing of internal and external resources as required e.g. creative, production, third party specialists etc.
– Prepare weekly WIP reports as required and other documents/materials for internal and external meetings, on-time and error free.
– Produce accurate contact reports following any contact with client – give Clients contact reports within 24 hours of meetings. These may be actions listed in an E-mail; to be evaluated and approved by your AS/AD on basis of the profile of the meeting/level of contact prior to circulating same.
– Provide Client and Team with feedback on project on a daily/”need-to-know” basis.
– Provide updates to budgets and help Managers ensure timing plans are fully up to date.
– Develop a thorough understanding of each process involved in a project and execute actions required when they arise.
– Ensure that all materials get to markets on time and in the most cost efficient way.
Non Project Specific
– Develop an understanding of Agency procedures (creative/ production/ finance).
– Make relevant contributions in areas where you are non-revenue accountable – brainstorms and maintaining the Agency’s professional image
– Be aware of the opportunities that lead to business growth.
– Be pro-active in creating opportunities and discussing them with AD/AS.
– Assist with the preparation of new business pitches if required.
– Assist in company projects when required.
– Contribute at all times to the ethos and spirit of OgilvyOne.
– To gain respect from Agency staff by being reliable, hardworking, helpful and enthusiastic.
– Plan and manage delivery of Interactive projects- on scope- time- cost and quality
o Translate project objectives and strategy into a project plan
o Write quotations- timelines- SOWs- project QA plans
o Ensure execution of project plan- implementing appropriate controlling processes
o Implement change management and risk management as appropriate
o Track ongoing project status- and provide status reports
– Project leader
o Ensure effective communication for all team members
o Ensure all team members understand and accept their responsibilities
o Establish priorities among project activities where necessary
o Pro-actively identify and solve problems or potential problems
o Brief and manage any outside vendors necessary to successfully complete the project
– Ensure proper project close-out
o Prepare project sign-off form for client signature
o Analyze actual project performance against baseline
o Initiate project review- where appropriate
o Provide feedback on team members- performance to their managers- if appropriate
– Minimum of two years- experience as a Project Manager
– Understanding of basic Project Management skills- balancing time- budget and scope
– Understand fundamental process steps and deliverables in creating Interactive projects from concept to deployment
– Good knowledge of MS Project
– Successful track record across a broad range of Interactive project types
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Team player – enjoys working within a multi-disciplinary project team
– Good motivator- organizer and team leader
– Negotiation and troubleshooting skills
– High level of attention to detail
– Good documentation skills
– Results-focused and willing to challenge obstacles
– Ability to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines
– Pro-active problem solving ability
– Generalist-s understanding of different Interactive skill areas- including but not limited to hosting parameters- front-end and backend coding- multimedia production- sound/video editing etc.
– Ability to face the client on a basic level
– Basic understanding of PMBOK knowledge areas